Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sketchbook Entry #2: Problem Girl

Back again with another post with Sketchbook Entry #2!

Problem Girl


I quite like this character I made and she's heavily inspired by this fierce woman I saw in a mall a few days ago. She just exudes confidence that I can't take my eyes off her- just proved how attractive confidence is.

I made her tanned, or "Kayumanggi" in Tagalog, since I want some diversity in my works and also to raise awareness with Morena people. A lot of Filipinos think that the ideal beauty is white skin when we, Filipinos, are not naturally fair-skinned people- we live in a tropical island for pete's sake!

So to all my Filipino countrymen out there, be proud of your skin! Having fair-skin doesn't define beauty and being "Kayumanggi" doesn't mean ugly! Don't get brainwashed by all those whitening commercials or the outrageous whitening products in the market- being brown is just as beautiful as being white! There is beauty in diversity!

Ciao,

♥ Aly


Materials Used:


  • Monologue A5 Soft Sketch Book; 200 gsm Italian Acid Free Drawing Paper
  • Pebeo Watercolors
  • Sakura Koi Watercolors: Pocket Field Sketch Box
  • Derwent Water Brush #2
  • Kuretake Brush Pen No. 24 (Black)
  • Prismacolor Colored Pencils
  • Muji Mechanical Pencil + HB Lead
  • Rotring Eraser
  • Uni-ball Signo Broad (White)
  • Miniso Gel-Ink Pen 0.5mm (Black)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!