Saturday, January 23, 2016

Jazzy Collection Kiss Proof Lip Gloss

One of my first ever Jazzy Collection product- the Kiss Proof Lipgloss!


This was actually a brand recommended to me by my dear friend, Loui. For those who don't recognise this brand; Jazzy Collection, used to called as James Cooper, is a Philippine based makeup brand that provides high quality makeup for an affordable price. 


Jazzy Collection is one of the few Filipino brands that are really high quality and I like how your essentially paying less for what the product's worth. Also they have a really huge range of extremely pigmented and unconventional eyeshadows; from reds, pinks, violets, and blues to the more wearable neutral shades.




Ingredients


I bought LKP-05 Chocolate Brown which is, as the name suggests, a chocolate brown colour and it only cost me PHP 299.00 (USD 6-7.00). It came in 7 shades that have mostly a warm undertone- like pinks, oranges and reds.

Jazzy Collection Kiss Proof Lipgloss is a matte liquid lipstick that are designed to be "Kiss Proof" so that your man don't have to worry about lipstick transferring every time he kisses you. 




The packaging design is sturdy but pretty boring- its comes in a glass circular tube with a glossy black square applicator holder. Packaging is pretty meh but I read somewhere that the reason they didn't spend that much time in packaging design is because they want to keep Jazzy Collection as affordable as much as possible. So if they didn't do that, I probably wouldn't even be able to afford this lol!

Though I can say that James Cooper is a better name than Jazzy Collection- it seems more high end and classy.

 Upon Application

 After a Few Minutes

  Upon Application

 After a Few Minutes

 After a Few Minutes

After a Few Minutes

Jazzy Collection's Kiss Proof Lipgloss is very matte, non-pungent smelling and intensely pigmented. It applies smoothly on the the lips but in a few seconds or minutes (depending on how thick you applied the product) it will dry in an extremely matte finish; so matte that it doesn't transfer and it doesn't budge when rubbed. Ironically, they named this product a "lipgloss".

The product can be a bit drying and can settle between the lines of your lips and highlight chapped lips- definitely exfoliate and balm your lips before wearing this. Also, upon application its a bit lighter and true to colour but after a few minutes or when it fully sets, it became darker than how it looks like in the bottle.

It came with a doe-foot applicator that is extremely hard to use since I keep messing up and its hard to create a clean edge with it so I ended up using my lip brush to apply this and I have to put concealer around the edges to make it extra clean (it'll look horrible if the edge isn't clean and sharp)- basically not an everyday makeup since its very meticulous in application alone and can be a bit overbearing to be done everyday, though this is perfect for events so you can avoid retouching your makeup every now and then.

OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Sturdy Packaging
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Small and Compact- very convenient on-the-go
- Affordable at PHP 299.00 (USD 6-7.00)
- Extremely Pigmented
- Matte (for people who like that finish)
- Kiss Proof (Not that I tested it XD) and non-budging
- Feels light on the lips
- Non-sticky
- Long lasting; can last the entire day
- Perfect for events
CONS:
- Drying (TIP: Apply lipbalm prior to applying this)
- Can settle on the lines of the lips; can highlight chapped lips
- Useless Applicator
- Not for Everyday; Meticulous application 
- Uninteresting Packaging Design
- Makes lips feel a bit constricted
- Not true to colour
RATING: 3/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ 

This is actually a very good product but I deduct a heart since its really drying and I don't really like the way it feels when I smile- it feels a bit constricted.
Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.


2 comments:

  1. I wasnt expecting a shoutout hehehehe..... anyways love the color....and I beg to disagree, This could be an everyday use product...hehehe well atleast for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually use this too for everyday lol
      Its just too meticulous to apply and you know how lazy I am in the morning XD!

      Delete

Thank You for Visiting!