Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ever Bilena Advance Eyeshadow 5 Shades

I bought these babies a while ago, around February, and I guess I went a little cray-cray since I bought ALL 5 colours. 

In my defense, at that time I was really stressed out because of thesis and it was PHP130.00 per palette. Though seriously, why would you give a bunch of 10th graders something as hard as a freakkin thesis as a requirement for graduation?!

So basically every other seniors out there are just chillin' and waitin' for graduation while us Concordians are killing ourselves by proving something insignificant and probably wouldn't matter in the future.

Ever Bilena Advance Eyeshadow 5 Shades


 Front View

Back View

"Open" View

SHADES

 Rainbow Blaze

Hand Swatch

 Blue Happiness

Hand Swatch

 Smokey Blast

Hand Swatch

 Sunset Cafe

Hand Swatch

Amazing Pink

Hand Swatch

I love the packaging, it's surprisingly sturdy but I guess they purposely made it like that because the eyeshadows are really soft and I feel like a drop would break them so be very careful in handling these babies.

The eyeshadows are surprisingly pigmented, but like many Ever Bilena eyeshadows, it suffers from being chalky. I love the colours and everything but I absolutely loath that all of the eyeshadows are shimmery. There aren't many selection of finishes like matte, satin, etc. so it's really hard to pull this palette off by itself because I'm sure no one wants to look like a disco ball.

OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS
- Affordable at PHP130.00 ($3-4.00)
- Sturdy Packaging
- Perfect for Avant Garde looks
- Pigmented
- The Flower designs are really cute
- Available in 5 Shades
- No Pungent Smell
CONS
- Chalky
- Doesn't last long esp. on oily lids, I suggest using a good eye primer
- Soft and Delicate shadows; Easily Broken
- Not a stand alone product
- Not many selection of finishes; all are shimmery
- Not good for everyday; except for Sunset Cafe or maybe Smokey Blast
- Like many cosmetic products, it has paraben
STARS
2.5/5

The only colours that I would recommend for an everyday person are Sunset Cafe and Smokey Blast, while the rest are too fabulous for everyday, but overall I don't recommend it at all, though my favourite is Rainbow Blaze.

Ciao,

♥ Aly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!