Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day (aka S.A.D.) Special: Red Lipstick

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

If you're wondering what S.A.D. means, it means "Single's Appreciation Day". It's an inside joke among my friends and I as almost all of us are N.B.S.B. (aka No Boyfriend Since Birth ToT). 

If you're wondering what I did during Valentines, I just lazed off the entire day while eating the chocolate gifts that I got from my single friends, sigh what a life. One of my friends even spent valentines with a date with her game console.

Anyway, it's currently Valentines, and what better way to celebrate the holiday than to wear red lips?

This is actually the review that I promised you guys on my previous post and I specifically chose this day to review the red lipsticks that I got.


From L-R: EB Pro in Retro, EB Matte in Scarlet, Love that Red, & Mauvey, Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Rose in Carmen Rose, Amelia Rose, Amour Rose, Blushing Bride Rose


I also bought two more lipsticks last weeks, I couldn't help myself since it was really dirt cheap (PHP75.00!) compared to the ones above (which are around EB:PHP 155.00 and the Avon ones are around PHP299.00 for two)

From L-R: EB Lip Colour in 706 and 712

I'm gonna post the reviews for the non-red colors tomorrow, but now let us focus on the red ones. 
EVERBILENA LIP COLOUR

Everbilena Lip Colour in 706

Everbilena Lip Colour in 712

Swatches of Everbilena Lip Colour in 706 (left) and 712 (right)

Last Ocober 2012 I purchased the Everbilena Lip Colour in 704 for my holloween costume and I already spent a lot on costumes so I decided to purchase a relatively cheap lipstick that would go with my costume. When I said cheap, I meant around PHP 100-300.00, but I saw 704 at Watson's and was like "Meh... might as well try."

I wasn't really expecting much since it was really dirt cheap but surprise surprise! It exceeded my expectations!! It was really pigmented and I also love the smell! And it doesn't really feel like lipstick, its like having lipgloss on your lips so it was very sheer but nevertheless I still love it.

I really love it so earlier this February I decided to buy new lipsticks from the line since I was really satisfied with my earlier purchase from them, but I gotta say though, I was quite dissappointed with this.

For 706, I was expecting a blue-toned red but instead I got a bright orange-looking lips while 712 gave me a much more better results as it is more red and pigmented then 706, though its a bit in the reddish-pink side, but it has small orange under tone.

Everbilena Lip Colour in 706.
See!! It's Orange!!



Everbilena Lip Colour in 712.



REVIEW (2/5 stars)

Pros:

-Very affordable (PHP75.00)
-Nice fruity smell
-Sheer Finish
Cons:
-Color is different from when applied
-Doesn't last long
-Color selection od the line is poor (as they have more frosted ones than satin or sheer finised ones; and I hate frosted lipstikcs, but your mileage may vary)

CONCLUSION:
Overall, the product is really good, especially for those who are tight with their budget, but for those who are planning to buy this, I suggest to be careful with picking the colors as they pretty tricky, as the colors look different on the tube than it is applied on your lips.

AVON ULTRA MOISTURE RICH ROSE LIPSTICKS


Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Rose Lipsticks in Carmen Rose

Broke My Heart ;(

It was really sad, when I opened the tube that it's broken, but thank god for Avon's amazing customer's service, I can actually return it and get a new one :)

Carmen Rose is a blue-toned red lipstick with a bit of violet-pink undertone.

Some Swatches:

I don't know why it appears orange-y here, but in really life it looks more darker and somewhat purple-ly

REVIEWS (5/5)
Pros:
-Moisturizing
-Creamy
-Satin Finish
-Color payoff and Pigmentation in amazing
-Smells like roses
-Long Lasting
-Affordable (PHP399.00, but I got it for PHP299.00 for 2)
Cons:
-Can't think of anything yet

Overall I really like it :)

EVERBILENA MATTE LIPSTICKS


Everbilena Matte Lipstick in Scarlet

Everbilena Matte Lipstic in Love that Red

I decided to but this because I was looking for a good matte red lipstick and it just so happened that I passed over these babies so I decided to buy them as they look quite promising.

Scarlet is a bright orange-undertone red while Love that red is more the "true red" of the two.

Some Swatches.
Everbilena Matte Lipstick in Love that Red (Left) and Scarlet (Right)

Everbilena Matte Lipstick in Love that Red

Everbilena Matte Lipstick in Scarlet


REVIEW: (4/5 stars)
PROS:
- Affordable (PHP155.00)
- Pigmentedd
- Nor scented
- Matted Finish
- Long Lasting
CONS:
- Can be a bit drying and can emphasize the lines on the lips so definitely wear lipbalm first before applying this.

So that's all for this special!! Hope you enjoyed it!
Ciao, Bella's!

♥ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!