Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake

I believe I mentioned this product briefly on a previous post and I promised that I'd do a review about it, so I guess here goes nothing.

This is actually my second compact since I loved it so much that I ended up repurchasing it. The first one actually broke when I accidentally dropped it during a party and it got trampled on; it seriously broke my heart </3 


Front View



Back View

The difference between a two-way cake and a normal powder foundation is that powdered foundation is basically what the name implies, but two way cakes are powder foundation infused with liquid foundation, that's why two-way cakes have this slight velvet/mousse like consistency.

Also, two-way cakes can be applied wet or dry. Wet for full coverage while dry for sheer to medium coverage.

I bought the one in the shade Orleans
This is the most perfect shade for me that I had ever found

 PHP399.00 ($10-11.00), a bit expensive but it's a steal
So definitely splurge a little for this baby

I first bought since I was curious because apparently this local product of ours is being compared to the likes of MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation! It got me curious, so I ended up buying this, even though it's a bit expensive for my taste, especially for a student on a budget like me.

And obviously, I got hooked.


Upon opening, it has a plastic covering that will keep your mirror clean
But obviously, I threw it away.

Sorry if it's a bit dirty all over, I've had this product for a couple months now and I still haven't hit the pan! Every bit of peso spent in to this product is really worth it!

 Also, it's a two-way compartment, no pun intended

 And inside the second level, you'll find a sponge
The sponge is of good quality and makes application, whether wet or dry, easy. 

Swatch

It controls oil really well and keeps you matte for about 3-4 hours but I really love how it blends well with your natural oils and give you this healthy and natural glow and I really love how its non-drying.

OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS
- Can be applied both Wet and Dry
- Coverage can be built up to full coverage
- Available in many shades
- Comes with a quality sponge
- Smells like Vanilla 
- Non-drying
- Stays on for about 3-4 hours
- Blends well with your natural oil; Great oil control
- The perfect shade for me!!
- Product lasts long; I've had it for 2-3 months and I still haven't reach the pan! FYI, I use it frequently!
CONS
- Paraben, though I'm not really surprise.
- A bit expensive (PHP399.00)
STARS
5/5

What can I say, I just love this product so much! 
Hope this information helped you guys!
Ciao,

♥ Aly



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nica! I nominated you for the Liebster award.

    Check it out on my blog! http://inaorozco.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting!