Thursday, February 26, 2015

Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Waterproof Cat Eyes

Double update for tonight to make it up for the long inactivity!

Tonight's review: Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Waterproof Cat Eyes! A mascara by Maybelline specifically designed and formulated to achieve that most coveted feline lashes!

I love love love love the packaging!! It has cat patterns printed all over the cap and its pink!! It just screams my name when I first saw it, and you know me, I ended up buying it on impulse because of packaging alone.



And obviously, I bought the one in Black since, duh! Why would I want Blue lashes unless, of course, for costume required purposes? I can't possibly wear that for everyday! Please, I'm not that fabulous!




It also has quite the interesting applicator design! It doesn't have the usual full mascara wand instead it has only the "brush" parts on one side.




This applicator design is absolute genius! It made application easy and made it easier to achieve the feline look! 

When you want to achieve the said look you have to load up the product specifically at the outer edge of you lashes so that it'll have that "lift" in that specific area and make your eyes more almond shaped (aka feline like) and this applicator made the job ten time easier and less messy.





I didn't really know how to distinguish Maybelline mascara formulas from each other since I found all of them pretty much the same the only difference is the mascara applicator; they're all extremely waterproof, so you don't have to worry about unwanted black tears on your face, and can last the entire day! No need for reapplication!

Actually, 70% of the mascaras I own from Maybelline and all of them works wonderfully; I would even say that Maybelline makes some of the best mascaras ever!

The only thing I don't like about this is its pretty hard to remove. You need an oil based makeup remover to remove these or at least use Petroleum Jelly for removal.

OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Pigmented
- Affordable (Php350.00+)
- Interesting and Useful Applicator
- Packaging is cute and sturdy
- Works its proposed purpose (Feline Eyes)
- Waterproof
- LAST FOR THE ENTIRE DAY! I AM NOT KIDDING!
CONS:
- Hard to Remove 
HEARTS: 4/5

♥ ♥ ♥  

Ciao,

♥ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!