Friday, August 21, 2015

The Magnificent Commuting Adventures of a Typical College Student


I know that its been a while since I did a beauty related post but I've been wanting to do a post about my daily commuting adventures for a long time. As any Filipino Student, commuting from home to school is a daily occurrence- its part of my everyday routine.

Of course, since its an everyday thing there are going to be some irritation bound to happen. So here I am talking about the things that pisses me off whilst commuting.


1. Rude Drivers

Don't you just hate it when Manong Drivers are rude to you for apparently no reason? I experiences this one time when I was in the middle of major plate week- I was cranky from lack of sleep and too tired from overworking. 

I rode a jeepney and have plenty of boards with me (for plates purposes) and the driver was like "Why do you have plenty of things? That's just a waste of space!! Get rid of them before I make you pay for your things!!" and proceeded on grabbing my boards and hitting me with it (Thank God it was just Bristol and Foam boards!). Needless to say I got mad and gave him P20.00 and told him "I hope you can buy a better personality!" and promptly walked out of the jeep. 

Irrational, I know but I wasn't in the right mind at that time.

2. Cramped Jeepneys

When the jeep is already full like a can of sardines and you're practically breathing your seatmate's air and the driver be like "Sampu pa! Maluwag pa!" (10 more! There's more space!) and you be like

3. Stopping at Every Damn Corner

That moment when you leave your home about 1 hour early and still ended up being late for class because the goddamn driver just felt the need to stop at every damn corner available and chat up with random people.

4. Unreturned Changes

When Manong Drivers doesn't return your change and you have to remind them constantly until the time when you have to leave the jeepney and then realize that you haven't got your change.

5. Indecisive Drivers

When the driver suddenly change their mind whilst driving ("Hanggang dito na lang ako." [I'm only driving till' here]) so you ended up having to leave the jeepney without reaching your destination.

6. Snatchers

In Jeepneys you have to be really careful and not reveal too much money or take out your gadgets cause there is a huge probability that it would be stolen. It happen while I was riding a Jeepney to school, good thing I was texting inside my bag so the snatcher didn't manage to get my phone but my seatmate didn't have such luck.

7. Scammers

When seemingly unfortunate people come inside the jeep and started spouting how they need help, usually its the funeral one they use in which they say that they need some money for the burial of some relative while showing some paper as proof and you'll be sympathetic and ended up giving some money.

Then weeks later you saw them again spouting the same bullshit and you'll be like o.o and realized you've been swindled.

8. Unfair Payment

When taxi driver's charge you more than the metered fair for the simplest reason "Its too traffic." without even informing you before you ride. 

9. Waiting Time

When you wait for almost 30 minutes and still no Jeepney or taxi arriving and you ended up being late for classes.

10. Rush Hour

During rush hour, good luck in finding a ride cause there ain't going to be one; I ended up walking all the way home from Taft (Pedro Gil) to Sta. Ana cause there ain't no jeep available.

That's it for now

Ciao,

♥ Aly





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!