Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Review & Face of the Day with Etude House Fantastic Color Eyes

And I'm back!!

Sorry for the long hiatus but you know life is just so hectic these days. I seriously need more dreams and less life.



This time I'm back with an Etude House palette- the Fantastic Color Eyes palette in #1 Bloody Halloween. Its from their 2014 Fall/Winter Collection and I have this palette for a long time now and I'm just going to express my love for this palette.





Bloody Halloween is a Halloween inspired palette filled with Red and Burgundy based colors with names ranging from "Zombie Kiss" to "Funky Horror" which I think is uber cute. And can we just take a minute here to admire the packaging? IT SO ADORABLE!! ˭̡̞(◞⁎˃ᆺ˂)◞*✰


 Box Packaging Front

 Box Packaging Back

Directions, Information and Ingredients

Shade Name

The box packaging is also so cute I ended up keeping it instead of throwing it away ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)⁽
I believe it came in two colors- the other being called as "Bohemian Chic" and it is a neutral palette filled with gold glitter and warm neutral shades.

I usually don't wear Burgundy eyeshadows since I have the usual hooded asian eyes and it usually makes my eyes look puffy and red- like I spent the entire night crying my eyes out that's why I took a gamble in buying this instead of Bohemian Chic. I just thought that I already have eyeshadows that looked like the ones from that palette and Bloody Halloween have really interesting shades so I ended up buying this.

Best decision ever because I totally love this palette. The color selection is amazing, it was balanced and it didn't made me look like a cried a river. I finally enjoyed wearing Burgundy eyeshadow!! 





The palette came with a plastic divider that has the shade names in it which is extremely useful as it keeps the palette from being too messy and it helps protect the creme shade (Zombie Kiss). It also came with a good quality sponge applicator and it has 5 powder eyeshadow and 1 creme multi-purpose creme as it can be applied as a eyebase, cheek and lip tint.

I really love asian brands since they always provide good applicators in contrast to their western counterparts with their crappy sponge applicators. I think its because westerners tend to throw away it away while asians like using the applicator provided in the palettes. I just think that its convenient to have on-the-go as its quite a bother to bring brushes.





The palette came in 4 shimmery shades, 1 matte and 1 creme

Halloween Night (Shimmery)- an extremely dark brown shade (almost black) with burgundy and gold glitter in it. The most pigmented out of all shades.
Bloody Burgundy (Shimmery)- a sheer burgundy shade with burgundy-pink glitter. The least pigmented shade of the bunch.
Funky Horror (Shimmery)- a sheer mauvey purple shade with gold and burgundy glitter splattered in it. A bit chalky and can cause fall outs.
Witch Hunting (Matte)- a pigmented mauvey pink shade. Great transition color and looks great as the base color- my favourite in the bunch.
Zombie Kiss (Creme)- a sheer dull red creme that can be used as eyebase, cheek and lip tint. Although I personally don't like applying anywhere other than the lips as its too pigmented to be a blush or an eyebase.
Pale (Shimmery)- true to its name, it is a pale sheer, almost translucent shade that is amazing for highlighting. 

All the shadows goes on smoothly on the skin and is pigmented but the formula for each shade is different so its doesn't have much of a consistency. For example, Halloween Night is extremely pigmented so you have to be careful in applying it or else you'll risk having racoon eyes while in contrast, Bloody Burgundy is the least pigmented and have to be layered to get a good color pay off. Funky Horror is chalky and can cause fall outs while Witch Hunting is velvet to touch and has absolutely no fall outs. 

Although I consider Bloody Burgundy as the least pigmented shade, the least pigmented shade is actually Pale as its almost translucent but I figured that its supposed to be like that as it is a highlighting shade.

#FOTD

















Products Used:
Face
-Etude House Precious Minerals Cotton Fit in Honey Beige
-Maybelline Clear Smooth 8-in-1 Skin Transformer in Natural 
-Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Medium 3
-Maybelline White Super Fresh in Honey
-BYS Matte Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze
-Maybelline Cheeky Glow in Creamy Cinnamon
Eyes
-Etude House Drawing Eyebrow in #1 
-Etude House Fantastic Color Eyes in #1 Bloody Halloween
-Etude House Oh! M' Eye Lash in #4 Curling
-Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black
-Nature Republic Deco Lash in #10
Lips 
-Etude House Fantastic Color Eyes in #1 Blood Halloween


I've tried to keep everything from Etude House but I don't have some of their products so I just mixed some other brands there. I've got a tan from all the Soft Ball I've been playing so my EH BB cream is a LOT paler than me so I mixed it with a darker BB cream from Maybelline and I just don't like the blushes and bronzers from EH since they're designed for paler skin and it ended up looking patchy and chalky on mine and I barely have any lippies from EH since I like my lippies matte and most of their selections are glossy.


I definitely think that this palette is perfect for Fall and Winter. It gave the sultry and smokey look that is perfect for that season and the Burgundy gave it a lot of "pop" instead of the usual smokey neutrals usually used in Fall/Winter.


OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Pigmented
- Cute and sturdy packaging
- Balanced Shades
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Long Lasting
- Small and Compact- very convenient on-the-go
- Have a large mirror
- Good Quality Applicator
CONS:
- Expensive (Around PHP 800.00 or USD 20.00+)
- Formula is not consistent per shade
- Funky Horror can cause a bit of fall outs
RATING:5/5

♥ ♥ ♥  

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!