Saturday, December 14, 2013

Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

I've been lusting for this baby ever since Collection Cosmetics arrived here in the Philippines since I've heard a lot of raves about this product.





For those who don't know what Collection Cosmetics is; Collection Cosmetics, formerly known as Collection 2000, is a drugstore UK brand of cosmetics and this baby; the Lasting Perfection Concealer, is one of their best selling products.


I've heard reviews that this is the perfect concealer for dark circles ad they covered them and brightens the eye at the same time. Also its matte, stays for a very long time, and its also crease-proof.

Those claims pique my curiosity since I have yet to found the concealer that would cover my dark circle completely.



It comes in a small tube container; very handy and convenient when your on the go. I also love the packaging since its very sturdy and cute at the same time^^



It comes with a doe-foot applicator like most lipgloss; again very convenient.



I believer there are four shades available: Fair, Light, Medium and Deep. When I bought this one there were only two shades available which was Fair and Medium. Fair was too light for my skin tone so I picked Medium since its just a tone or two lighter than my own.

I started doubting if this would really cover my dark circles since if you want to cover it, you have to use a darker concealer; a tone or two darker that your own skin colour, since if you use a light concealer to cover them up, it will only end up looking ashy or gray; so basically you have to cover dark with dark.

But in the end, I still bought it since it was only around P250.00 ($6-8) or so, so I thought "Meh! Just buy it! It's not like you'll go broke if this ended up as a miss.".


Hand Swatch!!

 Applied on the back of my hand

What it looks like fully-blended

Eye Swatch!!
(Sorry for semi-bushy eyebrow; getting lazy to have it plucked)

Without Product

Product Applied

Product Applied and Blended

I would say that this is a very good concealer, better than having to pay thousands of peso for other luxurious high-end brands, since this also works just as good as any of them.

As you can see it did covered up my dark circles, though not completely as you can still see some "darkness" but overall this is a very good product! Its also light so you won't have to worry about it being cakey, as well as it looks very natural.

PROS:
- Affordable (Php250.00)
- Pigmented; covers up blemishes and imperfections
- Sturdy and Cute Packaging
- Very Handy
- Has a matte finnish
CONS:
- Gives off a weird but subtle smell
- Doesn't completely cover my dark circles; but that's ok!
STARS:
I'd give this a 4.8/5

'Till next time!
Ciao, Bellas!


♥ Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!