Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Collection Cosmetics Ultimate Fix

I have another product to do a review on and this time its from one of my favourite makeup brand- Collection Cosmetics.


I was quite sadden that they're not available in Robinson's Place Manila which is the nearest place where I know they sell they're products- so this is kind of a tribute.





I actually bought this product last year and I've already hit the pan and I don't even use it that much so the product may not be plenty as it looked like.




The packaging is in a simple clear plastic container- the plastic itself is durable but the cap lock is not since it keeps opening on its own inside my purse which is pretty messy since its a creme product.




The product came with a quality sponge and mirror at the bottom of the product- quite a hassle actually since you have to flip back and forth to see yourself in the mirror whilst getting the product on the sponge.


 Applied

Blended

I bought the shade 02 Honey which is a shade lighter than mine since my actual shade wasn't available. I believe this product is available in 4 shades and it claims to be an all-in-1 kind of thing (Foundation, Powder Foundation and Concealer). Its has a creme consistency and is smooth to apply on the skin and easily blended and sets in to a powdery texture.

Bare Face

 Collection Cosmetics Ultimate Fix Applied and Blended

All I can say about this product is that its not a good product for dry skin. My skin has been really dry lately so it looked patchy and uneven on my skin. I've saw other reviews about this and I saw that almost all of them love this product and I felt like I'm the only one who hated it.

When I do swatches, I never put any other products aside from the one I'm reviewing so that you can say the product as it is without adding anything to it. As you can see from the close up pictures below, it made my skin look unhealthy and it really emphasizes the dryness of my skin and made it look really flaky. 




The product itself has medium coverage but is buildable to achieve full coverage and it covered some of my discoloration. This may work really well for people with Combination-Oily skin but for Dry skin, I recommend the usage of a moisturizer and primer before applying this product to avoid having flaky looking skin.


OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Simple and clean packaging design
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Long Lasting
- SPF 15
- Small and Compact- very convenient on-the-go
- Affordable at PHP 249.00 (USD 5-6.00)
- Medium but buildable coverage
- Quality sponge 
- Suits Combination-Oily Skin
CONS:
- Inefficient packaging 
- Does not suit Dry Skin (TIP: Use Primer and Moisturizer before applying)
RATING: 2/5

♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!