Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Maybelline White Super Fresh

After recently finishing up my Features & Shades (formerly Fanny Serrano) Two- Way Cake, I finally decided to try out the Maybelline White Super Fresh "The No Touchup Powder Foundation", which got me curious since I saw a lot of College students using this, so I wanna see what's so good about this product.



Information

Ingredients

This product is basically a powder foundation designed to mattify the skin for a long period time, provided full and even coverage and doesn't clog pores. It claims to be a "no touch up" needed powder foundation and claims to give a 12 hour freshness.




The packaging is basically a white and clear plastic version of the Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Powder Foundation. It comes with a quality sponge, plastic separator and a large mirror in the front; larger than that of the Clear Smooth one.



I bought the one in shade 04 Honey which is a tone lighter than my skin tone since I thought it was a darker foundation because of the box it came with. There were no testers available when I bought this so I was shopping blindly so don't believe the colour the box portrayed.

Bare Face

Product Applied with No Primer


All I can say about this product is that when it says full coverage in the box- IT IS FREAKING FULL COVERAGE. I was genuinely surprised whilst applying it since it feels so light on the skin yet it delivers a flawless, even and full coverage. I think this product is perfect for morning events since it has more coverage though I do not recommend this as a night time kind of powder as it does contain a high amount of SPF which will create a white cast when using flash photography- which is common during night time events.

Though it doesn't last as long as it claims (12 hours without powdering) as around the 5 hour mark I'm already having too much shine on T-zone and my C-zone. I also love the smell of this, it has a hint of a fruity smell but not too overbearing- it actually makes it smell fresh.

Love this product but again not the best I've tried.

OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Simple and clean packaging design
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Long Lasting about 5 hours before touch ups are needed
- SPF 34 PA++
- Small and Compact- very convenient on-the-go
- Affordable at PHP 299.00 (USD 6-7.00)
- Full and even coverage
- Quality sponge 
- Very Fine Powder
- Smoothens Skin
- Doesn't clog pores
- Feels light on the skin
CONS:
- Not as long lasting as it claims
- Can look cakey if applied wrongly with a sponge (TIP: Use a tapping motion when applying with sponge or use a brush instead)
RATING: 4/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!