Friday, January 22, 2016

Maybelline Color Sensational So Nude

Another thing thatI bought during Maybelline's Buy 1, Take 1 sale aside from the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation is the Maybelline Color Sensational So Nude Lipstick.


Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick line is basically consisted of nudes; ranging from pink-nudes to brown-nudes; so it has a pretty huge selection of shades but there not much variety since most of the shades look a lot like each other- which is understandable as it is supposed to be Nudes only line.

I don't have plenty of Nudes in my lipstick stash and I just thought that Maybelline's Buy 1, Take 1 sale is the best opportunity to buy some nudes to add in my stash.





I forgot to take a picture of the shade but I bought NU37 which is a pink based nude- which looks amazing on me! One of the reasons I don't have many nudes is that I don't look good in nude lipstick; I always ended up looking washed of and it makes my face look puffy that's why I always avoid it.

The packaging is that of a typical Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick- square, trendy and colorful. Though since the So Nude line is a special line compared to the regular CSL, the packaging is a bit different. It has a iridescent-nude transparent cap with a reflective surface on the top  and it is secured with a product seal so you don't have to worry about the lipstick being tampered with. 

I bought it during the sale so its only PHP 299.00 (USD 7-8.00) but a friend of mine bought it for PHP 399.00 (USD 8-9.00) during non-sale days which is till affordable.






It has the same formula as the regular CSL- moisturizing, intenssely pigmented, applies smoothly and smells like candied vanilla. It is long lasting and has a satin finish but it will dry out into a matte finish in 3-4 hours without it being too drying on the lips. 


OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Fun and sturdy packaging design
- Smells kinds like Vanilla
- Long lasting- can stay put all throughout the day and leaves a nice stain after eating or drinking
- Intense Pigmentation
- Huge Variety of Shades
- Product Seal
- Affordable at PHP 399.00 (USD 8-9.00)
- Moisturizing
- Mattifies in a few hours
- Small and Compact; convenient on-the-go
CONS:
- Naming is in codes which makes it hard to remember
- Most of the shades look a lot like each other
RATING: 5/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post and wonderful blog, this sort of interesting posts I really like, keep it up... Amateur Clips

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting!