Thursday, January 21, 2016

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color


This was the free lipstick from Maybelline that I mentioned in my previous post; it was during their Buy 1, Take 1 of a product of your choice.


Packaging is that of the iconic Maybelline Color Sensational Tube- square and colourful. The colour of the tube would differ depending on the shade of the lipstick. Since I bought a plum lippie, the tube is purple; red lippies have red tubes, pink lippies have pink tubes, etc.





This came in a huge variety of colours but I ended up choosing the one in the shade of 435 Plum Perfect- since I was pretty disappointed with the Avon Vitaluscious in Chocoloxidant, so I chose the closest shade I can find in Maybelline to replace it; though this lipstick is leaning towards of a reddish tint unlike that of Avon's plum tint which ironic since this is supposed to be a plum lippie.





This lipstick goes on smoothly on the lips, extremely pigmented, and moisturizing- I expect nothing less from Maybelline. Color Sensational is my favourite lipstick line from Maybelline so I was not that surprise of the quality- so its an automatic love for me. 

The lipstick has a satin finish and long lasting but it starts to become matte after 3-4 hours- though its not drying so that's a plus point. It also smells like Vanilla, like every other lipstick from the line, but its not overbearing and actually smells nice.


OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Fun and sturdy packaging design
- Smells kinds like Vanilla
- Long lasting- can stay put all throughout the day and leaves a nice stain after eating or drinking
- Intense Pigmentation
- Huge Variety of Shades
- Product Seal
- Affordable at PHP 399.00 (USD 8-9.00)
- Moisturizing
- Mattifies in a few hours
- Small and Compact; convenient on-the-go
CONS:
- Not true to name as its not "Plum Perfect" its more like a really deep brown-red
RATING: 5/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!