Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One

Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Powder Foundation was actually a gift from my mother since she got the wrong shade for her skin tone so he decided to just give it to me.



 Information

Ingredients

My mom got an old product since it was manufactured way back in 2012 but it still works fine for me, so I got no problems with this and I go through powders quickly anyway; though there are some people who may not want to buy an old product- always check the manufacturing date before purchasing.




It claims to have the following:

  • Shine Control
  • High UV Protectant
  • Instant Brightening
  • Imperfections Blends Away
  • Long Lasting
  • Visibly Smooth
  • Conceal Blemishes
  • Tone Perfecting
The product came in a sleek white-violet-pink duochrome packaging packaging that is travel friendly as it is very compact. It came with a quality and dense sponge that makes application easier and also, a plastic separator and a few holes underneath the sponge holder to keep the product from being too messy.



This product is in the shade 02 Nude Beige and is the perfect shade for my skin tone; I'm not sure how many shade are available but I think its only around 4 and most of the shades are relatively light to medium so there are no available shades for those Bella's out there with more of a mocha skin tone.

Bare Face

Product Applied

This one has a sheer to medium coverage and feels really light on the skin- and is perfect for setting BB Creams or Foundations since its not that heavy in coverage so you'll avoid caking up too much product on your face- definitely perfect for everyday. I'm not that strict in coverage when it comes to powder foundations since I just use it for setting my foundation or my BB Cream; I'm looking for more of a tone perfecting and smoothening factor and this one is a winner in those categories!

It is long lasting and it does mattifies the skin but you'll need to powder up in about 4 hours or so since you'll start to shine around the T-zones and the C-zones but it'll still depend in your skin type. I have dry to combination skin; depending on the weather and since Summer is just around the corner, the weather is getting more humid so I need to powder up more to lessen the chance of looking like a grease ball.

It also doesn't clog the pores and I have yet to experience any form of break outs with this product so I think it'll be a mainstay in my purse for a very long time; though I still find F&S Two-Way Cake a better product.


OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Simple and clean packaging design
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Long Lasting about 4 hours before touch ups are needed
- SPF 25 PA++
- Small and Compact- very convenient on-the-go
- Affordable at PHP 249.00 (USD 5-6.00)
- Sheer-Medium Coverage; perfect for everyday
- Quality sponge 
- Very Fine Powder
- Smoothens Skin
- Infused with Vitamin C
- Doesn't clog pores
- Feels light on the skin
CONS:
- Not as long lasting as it claims
- Does not cover blemishes well as it claims
- Can look cakey if applied wrongly with a sponge (TIP: Use a tapping motion when applying with sponge or use a brush instead)
- Does not visibly brightens the skin as it claims
RATING: 4/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!