Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

I've had this product since last year, around October and have been using it since. I bought this during their "Buy 1, Take 1" wherein I bought this and chose a lippie as my freebie.




Directions and Ingredients

I bought the one in Light Beige (Medium 0) and it came in this neat little glass jar- it kinda looks like a night cream jar if you ask me. The packaging is simple, neat, durable, tightly secured and unexpectedly heavy. I've dropped this a couple of times now and its still in one peace so that's a good thing and it just shows how resilient the product is.



Like every other Maybelline product, of course, its sealed! Its quite pricey too at PHP 600.00 (USD 12-13.00).


 Applied

 Semi-blended

Fully-blended

 Bare Face

Product Applied

The product is in a mousse format and claims to give a poreless perfection finish- kind of like airbrush. And since Maybelline never lie- it actually does all those things. It made my skin look like its photoshopped when its not!

I love it, it goes on smoothly, covers almost all blemishes, medium to full coverage, and not too dewy-not too matte; just how I want my foundations. I used to have the L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation and it was an awesome foundation but its a bit dewy for my taste so I need to powder up a bit and I have an Etude House BB Cream that's really matte and can make the face look too flat thus needing a bit of misting spray to remedy that problem- that's why I love this product as its just right and I don't even have to powder my face at all!

OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Simple and sturdy packaging design
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Long Lasting; can last up to 4 hours w/o powdering
- Medium- Full Coverage (Air-brush like effect)
- Suitable for all Skin types
- Available in many shades
- Product Seal
CONS:
- Unhygienic packaging as you have to dip your fingers/brush in the jar to get some product
- Expensive at PHP 599.00 (USD 12-13.00)
RATING: 5/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!