Friday, January 22, 2016

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color

So this is the free product that I chose when I bought the Maybelline Color Sensational So Nude during Maybelline's Buy 1, Take 1 sale- the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color!


I was pretty excited with this product since my Queen CL is endorsing Maybelline Korea and she was wearing this in Daring Red and she looks absolutely gorgeous!



I originally wanted to buy the same exact shade as CL but I realized that have way too much reds in my lipstick stash and I need some variety so I am now avoiding shades like reds and plums to give my stash some variety.

As of now, I am looking more into nudes from pinky nudes to dramatic chocolate browns.




I got this for free since it was in the Buy 1, Take 1 promo but the original price is actually P349.00 (USD 7-8.00). It was sealed for health and hygiene purposes- which is a plus so that customers will be assured of untampered products.



 Doesn't it look like a lipstick bullet?!


The packaging is amazing- it differs a lot from the typical Color Sensational Lipstick packaging of Maybelline. It comes in a glass container with a matte black rubber on top and a cleverly designed glass where you can see-through a lipstick bullet shaped insides.






I got MAT6 which is a dark hot pink shade and the product came with a teardrop shaped applicator which makes applying this product easy and comfortable as you can easily reach the parts of your lips that are too narrow and it'll help make crisp and clean edge.




Overall this is a great product- the only thing that irks me is that the product name is bit too misleading. It says that the product is a "Matte" lippie when its not; I mean yeah it dries into a matte finish in a few hours but I want to have a matte lip instantly not hours later. So basically, I consider this product more of a glossy finish instead of the claimed "matte" finish.

But aside from that; I think this is a pretty good product. It applies smoothly on the lips, moisturizing, lightweight, and pigmented though its not as long lasting as I would like it (since it has a glossy finish). Also it doesn't feel like a liquid lipstick (as it claims to be)- it feels more like a really pigmented lipgloss.

I'm gonna give this a lower score than it deserves since its pretty misleading.


OVERALL JUDGEMENT
PROS:
- Applies Smoothly
- Elegant, clever and sturdy packaging design
- Doesn't have any pungent smell
- Small and Compact- very convenient on-the-go
- Affordable at PHP 349.00 (USD 7-8.00)
- Pigmented
- Sheer and Glossy (for people who like that finish)
- Teardrop shaped applicator
- Feels light on the lips
- Non-sticky
CONS:
- Not long lasting
- Code Name makes the shade hard to remember
- Not Matte as it claims
- Feels more like a lipgloss rather than a liquid lipstick
RATING: 3/5

♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ 

Ciao,

♥ Aly

Disclaimer: All pictures above are edited to look how I see it in real life as sometimes the camera cannot capture the real colour of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Visiting!